Friday’s contest at Yankee Stadium has the New York Yankees (57-52) going head to head against the Houston Astros (62-48) at 7:05 PM ET (on August 4). Our computer prediction projects a close 6-4 win for the Yankees, so it should be a tight matchup.
This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send Hunter Brown (7-7) to the mound, while Luis Severino (2-5) will get the nod for the Yankees.
Astros vs. Yankees Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code “GNPLAY” for special offers!
Astros vs. Yankees Score Prediction
Our prediction for this game is Yankees 6, Astros 5.
Total Prediction for Astros vs. Yankees
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We’ve got the best offer for new users when they use promo code “GNPLAY”! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code “GNPLAY” for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
Astros Performance Insights
- The Astros have played as the favorite in seven of their past 10 games and won five of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- The Astros have not played a game with a spread over their last 10 outings.
- This season, the Astros have won 43 out of the 72 games, or 59.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Houston has a record of 26-12, a 68.4% win rate, when favored by -155 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.8% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston ranks 11th in the majors with 521 total runs scored this season.
- The Astros have the second-ranked team ERA across all league pitching staffs (3.77).
Yankees Performance Insights
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Yankees have posted a mark of 1-4.
- When it comes to the over/under, New York and its opponents are 5-5-0 in its last 10 games.
- Bookmakers have not posted a runline in any of the Yankees’ past 10 matchups.
- The Yankees have been underdogs in 34 games this season and have come away with the win 13 times (38.2%) in those contests.
- This season, New York has come away with a win five times in 11 chances when named as an underdog of at least +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Yankees have a 44.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- The offense for New York is the No. 20 offense in the majors, scoring 4.3 runs per game (471 total runs).
- The Yankees have the 10th-best ERA (3.91) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code “GNPLAY” for special offers!
|July 30||Rays||L 8-2||Brandon Bielak vs Zack Littell|
|July 31||Guardians||W 7-3||J.P. France vs Noah Syndergaard|
|August 1||Guardians||W 2-0||Framber Valdez vs Gavin Williams|
|August 2||Guardians||W 3-2||Ronel Blanco vs Tanner Bibee|
|August 3||@ Yankees||L 4-3||Cristian Javier vs Clarke Schmidt|
|August 4||@ Yankees||–||Hunter Brown vs Luis Severino|
|August 5||@ Yankees||–||Justin Verlander vs Nestor Cortes Jr.|
|August 6||@ Yankees||–||Framber Valdez vs Carlos Rodón|
|August 8||@ Orioles||–||Framber Valdez vs Grayson Rodriguez|
|August 9||@ Orioles||–||Cristian Javier vs Jack Flaherty|
|August 10||@ Orioles||–||Hunter Brown vs Dean Kremer|
|July 30||@ Orioles||L 9-3||Luis Severino vs Dean Kremer|
|July 31||Rays||L 5-1||Jhony Brito vs Tyler Glasnow|
|August 1||Rays||L 5-2||Carlos Rodón vs Zach Eflin|
|August 2||Rays||W 7-2||Gerrit Cole vs Shane McClanahan|
|August 3||Astros||W 4-3||Clarke Schmidt vs Cristian Javier|
|August 4||Astros||–||Luis Severino vs Hunter Brown|
|August 5||Astros||–||Nestor Cortes Jr. vs Justin Verlander|
|August 6||Astros||–||Carlos Rodón vs Framber Valdez|
|August 7||@ White Sox||–||Gerrit Cole vs Dylan Cease|
|August 8||@ White Sox||–||Clarke Schmidt vs Touki Toussaint|
|August 9||@ White Sox||–||Luis Severino vs Mike Clevinger|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.